Walnuts are also known as “Akhroot” in our India. Walnuts are not only delicious in taste but also very healthy and nutritious for us. It is roughly spherical is shape and lemon like in size covered with hard light brown color skin looks like wooden texture. The kernel consists of two bumpy lobes having off-white color. It is used as raw, processing oils, milk shakes, desserts, chocolates, cakes, sweet dishes and garnishing of Indian meals and much more. Walnuts got the first rank among the other nuts such as pistachio, raisins, peanuts, pecans, almonds and cashews because walnuts contains twice times more high quality antioxidants and nutrients as comparison of other nuts. It may be considered as the “king of nuts” due to its health benefits to humans. That’s why Indian’s use it in the gift pack of dried fruits in diwali festival. Walnuts contains potassium, selenium, phosphorous, magnesium, copper, zinc, iron, omega-3 fatty acids, oleic acid, linoleic acid, alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), carotenoids, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B3, vitamin E, niacin, calcium. Now its time to check out the amazing health benefits of walnuts as follows:
- First of all, they contains monounsaturated/omega-3 fatty acids such as oleic acid, linoleic acid, alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) and arachidonic acids, which hosts many heart and HDL cholesterol health benefits. Alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) is better known for the prevention of heart diseases like to prevent from heart attack, strokes and coronary artery diseases. The regular consumption of walnuts helps to lowering the LDL (Bad) cholesterol level to raise the HDL (Good) cholesterol level of the body. They also helps to maintain the healthy blood lipid profile Bali.
- Walnuts contains high quality antioxidants and phytosterols, that has the power to protect from developing breast cancer and slower the rate of growth of the tumor.
- The pineal gland of our body released the hormone named melatonin, which is better known for good sleep and reduce the risk of insomnia. So if you are also suffering from worst sleep then start eating walnuts before going to bed to get rid of worst night sleep.
- Walnuts helps to boost your brain for proper functioning and reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s Disease and slow down the aging process. So they are also in the category of Brain Food.
- Walnuts are the excellent source of phyto-chemical substances, ellagic acid, vitamin E, carotenoids and poly-phenolic compounds, these compound have the power to tackle with the harmful inflammatory diseases such as asthma, eczema, psoriasis and rheumatoid arthritis and other diseases like cancer, aging and neurological conditions.
- Regular consumption of walnuts helps to protect from gallstones.
- Due to the composition of potassium and magnesium helps to maintain the proper blood flow in the blood vessels in type 2 diabetes patients. They also helps to maintain the body fluids and also lowering the high blood pressure.
- Walnuts also contains contain l-arginine, an amino acid, which is converted into the nitric oxide in the blood and nitric oxide is better known for relaxing the blood vessels and also helps to reduce the blood pressure.
That’s why walnuts are so famous and so healthy, I also likes to eat it in my daily diet to get rid of all these health conditions. It can be used to treat many other diseases like to treat obesity, boost your immune system, keeps bones stronger, beat depression and stress, promotes healthy pregnancy, reduced the growth of breast cancer cells, prevention of erratic heart rhythms, reduced metabolic problems, stabilize body hormones, promotes healthy weight loss, preventing liver ailments, constipation, keeps better digestion, improves male fertility and much more. If you also know the more health benefits of walnuts, then please share your knowledge with us to serve others better.