Health Benefits of Peanuts And Its Butter
Peanuts are known as “ground nuts” or “earth nuts” sometimes. Peanuts are belongs to legume similar to peas, beans, chickpeas and lentils but some people considered it nuts. It is used as raw, roasted, preparation of Indian dishes, oils, desserts, butter, boiled, chocolates and much more. Its oil is also used in many industrial products like paints, furniture polishes, lubricating oils, varnishes, pesticides, leather dressing and nitroglycerin. The peanuts outer shells are also used in making fuels, abrasives, cellulose, wallboard, manufacturing of plastic and mucilage. Peanuts contains more than 30 essential vitamins, nutrients, antioxidants and phytonutrients, so it is also the powerhouse of nutrients. Peanuts also contains the same nutrients similar to other dried fruit nuts such as pistachio, almonds, raisins, walnuts and cashews. Peanuts contains monounsaturated fatty acids, calcium, magnesium, protein, iron, phosphorus, selenium, zinc, folate, copper, arginine, fiber, vitamin B3, vitamin B9, vitamin B1, vitamin B6, vitamin D and vitamin E. So check out the amazing health benefits of peanuts and its butter as follows:
- Peanuts contains good amount of monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFAs) such as oleic acid, which helps to lowering the LDL (Bad) cholesterol level to raise the HDL (Good) cholesterol level in the blood. In the very famous Mediterranean diet, it also contains monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFAs) that helps to prevent from coronary artery disease, heart attack, strokes and build healthy blood lipid profile.
- Peanuts contains folate, which helps to promote healthy pregnancy to prevent from neural tube defect and ectopic pregnancy. It is good for post pregnancy to increase the production of milk in the breasts.
- A handful of peanuts contains enough amount of manganese, which is necessary for the absorption of calcium, maintain metabolism and regulate the blood sugar level.
- Peanuts are the good source of fiber and contains no cholesterol, no fat and no sodium, so it is best for those who are weight conscious or obese. The presence of dietary fiber helps to beat constipation, keeps digestion proper and healthy and treat diverticulitis. Regular consumption of peanuts helps to lowering the risk of colon cancer, colorectal cancer and the formation of gallstones due to the presence of fiber.
- The presence of iron in peanuts is required for the formation of new red blood cells, for the production of energy and acts as a transporter to carry oxygen throughout the body.
- Peanuts contains a very powerful vitamin i.e Vitamin E, which is better known as a powerful antioxidant that helps to reduce the risk of developing cancer, tumor and cardiovascular diseases.
- Peanuts has a phenolic antioxidant usually found in grapes called Resveratrol, which is better known for the prevention of heart diseases such as heart attack, strokes, clots and coronary artery diseases. It also helps to prevent from premature aging or slow down the aging process.
- Peanuts contains niacin, which helps in the repairing of damaged cells caused by Alzheimer’s disease, dementia and other age related cognitive diseases. It also helps to improve blood flow in brain and boost nervous system.
- Peanuts has excellent source of calcium, which is required for the healthy teeth and bones. It also helps to prevent from osteoporosis.
- Peanuts contains an essential amino acid called tryptophan, which is responsible for the better production of serotonin. Serotonin is a brain chemical for boosting mood, so it also helps to beat depression, stress and anxiety.
So start eating peanuts to remains healthy and fit. In our India it is the cashew nuts for poor people who don’t afford cashew or other dried fruits. It can be helpful in the treatment of viral and fungal infections, maintain blood pressure, proper heart rate, reduce the risk of developing type 2 diabetes, maintain the integrity of cell membranes, stomach cancer, repairing and regeneration of healthy tissue, glowing skin and healthy long hairs and much more. If you know more health benefits of peanuts and its butter, then please share your knowledge with us to serve others better.