Health Benefits of Olive Oils
Olives are the essential well known fruit mainly cropped in the Mediterranean regions. Its tree is considered as a symbol of peace and glory. it is used as raw, oil, cooking, salads dressing, baking, cosmetics, as a fuel, medicinal and pharmaceuticals purposes also. Its oil is the main content of the Mediterranean diet, which is known as the one of the healthy and best diet of the world. Its oil is mainly 4 types given below:
- Virgin Olive Oil: This type of oil can be used for cooking only due to less acid contents in it.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: This type of oil is made by the cold pressing of olive fruit, so it is the extra fine quality rather than Virgin Olive Oil.
- Pure Olive Oil: The combination of virgin oil and olive oil with acidic contents called pure olive oil.
- Lampante Oil: It is the only one type of olive oil, which is used as a fuel and not recommended for cooking.
Olive oil is fully loaded with lots of nutrients such as omega-3, oleocanthal, monounsaturated fatty acids, phenolic compounds, selenium and vitamin E, A, K, iron, calcium, magnesium and potassium, which all hosts a large number of health benefits that can be checked below:
- Olives and olive oil are the good source of phenolic compounds such as squalene and terpenoid which are also known as the best anti cancerous compounds. Due to the presence of these 2 compounds helps our body to preventing the cell damages caused by free radicals. It also contains the excellent source of oelic acid and monounsaturated fatty acids, which helps to reduce the chronic inflammation caused by osteoporosis, asthma and arthritis.
- They also contains biophenols, which helps to stop the synthesis of LDL (Low Density Lipoprotein or Bad Cholesterol) to prevent from the cardiovascular diseases like heart attack, strokes, clots and high blood pressure, because the high level of LDL cholesterol in the blood is the main factor behind the hardening of arterial walls called atherosclerosis.
- Due to the presence of monounsaturated fatty acids compounds, it also helps to maintain weight and promotes weight loss.
- Olive oil contains vitamin E, which is beneficial for older peoples and required for the boosting of metabolism, proper bone structural development and maintaining healthy brain development in the children.
- Olive oil is used in the medicines to various aids of digestive problems and also helps in the cleansing of digestive tract to promotes healthy digestion system and keeps the bowel movements regular.
- Due to its antimicrobial properties, it fight with the harmful bacteria responsible for the development of stomach ulcer thus prevents from ulcer.
So start using olives and its oil to get rid of all these health diseases. It can be many other health benefits like helps to slow down the aging process, helps in the secretion of bile and pancreatic hormones, helps to improve your sensitivity to insulin, beat stress and depression, skin cancer, breast cancer, colon cancer, prevent oxidation damages, treat excessive borborygmus, reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s disease, ear infections, gallbladder disease, treat jaundice, intestinal gas, meteorism, dissolve earwax, ringing ears (tinnitus), pain in the ears, lice, wounds, minor burns, psoriasis, stretch marks due to pregnancy, improving kidney functions and increase urine flow. If you know more health benefits of olive oil, then please share your knowledge with us through our comment box given below to serve others better.