Hummus is a traditional Middle Eastern dip dish looks like peanut butter’s texture. It is also known as “hamos, hommus, hummous and hommos”. It is a thick paste or dip made from cooked or mashed chickpeas (also known as garbanzo beans), tahini (Sesame seed butter), pepper, olive oil, salt, garlic and lemon juice. Its making process is very simple and no need of cooking. A food processor or blender is enough to make it. It can be prepared easily at home if you the ingredients. Put all the ingredients in the food processor and simple blend it, your hummus is ready to eat. It is served with pita bread or other flat bread. Due to its high demand the question arise automatically i.e is hummus good for you? If you don’t know? Please read the whole article to check out the reason behind it. So check out the amazing health benefits of hummus as follows:
- First of all it is made of chickpeas, which are the excellent source of fiber, complex carbohydrates and protein. Chickpeas also contains a lots of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants such as folate, vitamin E, zinc, iron, magnesium, calcium and phosphorus. It has no cholesterol or saturated fats. That’s why it is the most popular dish in the whole world. Due to the consistency of all these, it helps to lower the blood cholesterol and prevent the cells from genetic damages caused cancer due to the presence of these three strong compounds i.e. saponins, protease inhibitors and phytic acid. It is also helps to control the blood glucose level to get rid of diabetes.
- Secondly it is made of tahini, which comes from sesame seeds butter, it also contains proteins, fiber, calcium, iron, vitamin C, vitamin B6, manganese, copper, and mono unsaturated fats that is very good for human health.
- After that it is made of olive oil, garlic and lemon juices, which also hosts a large numbers of health benefits. If you want to check the health benefits of lemons, garlic and olive oils, then kindly check the previous articles on our blog.
- It is the good source of folate acid, which is very good for pregnant women, because foods containing folate can helps to prevent birth defects and promotes healthy pregnancy.
- It also contains 3 another powerful amino acids known as tryptophan, phenylalanine and tyrosine, all these three compounds known for the best mood lifters and good for the better sleep and treat insomnia.
- It also contains mono unsaturated fat and omega 3 fatty acids in olive oil, helps to prevent the high blood pressure, heart attack, strokes and many other heart problems such as clotting, artery blocking. Due to the presence of omega 3 fatty acids it also helps to prevents from Alzheimer’s disease and age related cognitive decline.
- Due to the presence of high fiber content in it, helps to prevent more hunger or overeating, thus maintain weight.
So these reason are enough to eat it in your daily breakfast intakes. It can be used to treat many other health conditions like to prevents constipation, promotes healthy digestion, keep immune system healthy, reduce oxidative stress in the body, fight with harmful bacteria and viruses, producing new cells, for the transportation of oxygen throughout the body, reduce the risk of colon diseases, helps the body detoxify sulfites, preventing gas and bloating maintain proper functioning of bowel movements and much more. If you know more health benefits of hummus, then please share your knowledge with us through our comment box to serve others better.