Capsicum is also known as red pepper, chili pepper, jalapeno and bell pepper. Capsicum is a most popular vegetable used in the preparations of Chinese and Italian dishes. It color may be green, red and yellow having bell like shape with crunchy, thick fleshy texture. It is used in the many dishes to make it spicy and wonderful due to its strong powerful aroma. It is also used as a herb or its plant used for medicinal purposes. It is fat and cholesterol free vegetable and full of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. It contains vitamin A, vitamin B1, B2 and B3, vitamin C, vitamin E, calcium, proteins, iron, magnesium, carotenoids, carotene, copper, zinc, potassium, manganese and phosphorus. So the presence of these has ability to host a large number of health benefits to humans. That’s why its time to read the amazing numerous health benefits of capsicum as follows:
- It contains vitamin A and vitamin C, both are the most powerful antioxidants, the combination of both helps to prevent from the free radicals damages to cause many diseases. Vitamin C helps to prevent from blood clotting, repair injuries and boosts immunity also. On the other side vitamin A is beneficial for the mucous membrane and your skin to keep both of them healthy.
- It contains Capsaicin, which has anti-bacterial, anti-carcinogenic, analgesic and anti-diabetic properties. It also helps to treat diabetes and reduce LDL (Bad) cholesterol levels. The presence of Capsaicin in capsicum also helps to give relief in the pain management. It also helps to prevent cancer and stop the cancerous cells growth in the body.
- It has no fat and cholesterol, so it is the best food for weight management and weight lose. It also contains proteins, which helps to build muscle naturally.
- The Presence of magnesium is necessary for the many body functions like organ function and bone creation.
- Iron in it helps to carry oxygen in the blood and body.
- It contains Phosphorous, which is beneficial for the stronger bones and also boost proper kidney functions to eliminate harmful toxins.
- Capsicum has a mild laxative effect, so it prevents from constipation and helps in the body for proper bowel movements.
So start taking capsicums in your daily food intakes to prevent from all these conditions discussed in this article. It can be useful in the many other health conditions like to prevent from many types of cardiovascular diseases, diabetic neuropathy, cluster headaches, treat gastrointestinal conditions, treat diarrhea, reduce stress, treating flu and fever, treating chronic rhinitis, prevent respiratory tract infections, arthritis, sprains, sore back muscles, preventing heart disease, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, lowering the blood pressure, reduces the risk of prostate, cervical and ovarian cancer. If you know more health benefits of capsicums, then please share your knowledge with us through our comment box to serve others better.