Bottle guard is also known as “Lauki” or “Ghiya” in our India. It is the one of the most popular vegetable of India and available whole year in the market. It also belongs to the gourd family such as pumpkin and the butternut squash. Its color is yellowish green having smooth skin and bottle like in shape. Its shape depends upon the quality and various of bottle guard. Its round shape is called calabash gourds. Bottle guards are quite blend and tasteless, so kids, younger and many people avoid it to eat. It is used as cooking, juices, sweet dishes, raita (India only) and many south Indian dishes. Its pulp & seeds are white in color having spongy flesh. It contains dietary fibers, iron, magnesium, zinc, vitamin C, thiamin, riboflavin, potassium, calcium, phosphorus and approx 96% water contents. Bottle guards are very low in sodium, saturated fat and calories. So its time to check out the amazing health benefits of bottle guards and its juice as follows:
- Due the excellent source of dietary fiber and low in sodium contents, it is the best for diabetic patients and young growing children. It also helps to treat constipation.
- Due to its high water contents and low calories, it is the best diet for weight watchers and those who are obese and want to lose weight. It also diuretic in nature so helps to prevent from water retention. Its high water contents gives a cooling effect and easy to digest, So it also helps to keep digestion healthy and properly.
- Bottle guard juice mixed with lemon juice are also helpful in the treatment of urinary disorders like burning sensation during urine pass out.
- It also helps to treat jaundice, inflammation on the liver and treat liver infections.
- It is the rich source of potassium, so it is good for treating blood pressure and preventing cardiovascular diseases.
- If its leaves juice taken regularly, it can help to cure baldness and premature gray hair. It also helps to prevent from tooth decay.
- Bottle guard juice also helps to dissolve kidney stones naturally.
- If its juice taken with added some sesame oil helps to treat insomnia and makes sleep better.
- Its seeds has power to kill intestinal worms naturally.
- If you are suffering from soles burning or sensations, then take a small piece of bottle guard and rub gently on the soles helps to treat it.
- If you are suffering from piles problem, then apply the mixture of its leaves on the affected area helps to treat it also.
Nutritional Values of Bottle Guard:
That’s why my mother cooked it for me every week to get rid of all these said health conditions. If you also want to stay fit and healthy, then start eating bottle guards in your daily diet. It can be used to treat many other health conditions such as flatulence and piles, indigestion, stomach ulcers, insanity, epilepsy, various nervous diseases, thirst quencher, sciatica pains, cramps, bronchitis, cough, asthma, preventing fatigue, makes glowing skin, tuberculosis, clears the arteries, treat cholera, stops nose bleeds, gout and much more. If you know more health benefits of bottle guard and its juice, then please share your knowledge with us to serve others better.