Almonds are one of the best nutritional powerhouse fruit available whole year in the market. Almonds comes in two varieties, i.e bitter and sweet. Sweet almonds are edible, so they used as raw and bitter almonds are mainly used for the preparation of almond oil. My mother also gave me soaked almonds in my daily breakfast to get extra and instant energy. It is used as raw, roasted, baked, oils, almond milk, butter, sweet smoothies, cakes, desserts, milk shakes, thandai (In India only) and cooking foods. It is used in medicines also. Almonds are the great source of proteins, fibers, magnesium, calcium, phosphorous, selenium, α-tocopherol, monounsaturated fat, copper, niacin, vitamin E, zinc, iron, other antioxidants and phytochemicals. That’s why almond hosts a large number of health benefits, which can be checked below:
- Almonds are good for diabetic patients because they have very low glycemic index (GI), so easy to digest and get instant energy to the body. They also helps to lowering the blood sugar level and minimize the uses of taking medicines.
- They contains monounsaturated fat like blueberries and pomegranates, which satisfy the appetite and prevent over eating, so they can helps to promote the healthy weight loss. Unsweetened almond milk is also beneficial for instant and faster weight loss.
- Unsweetened almond milk helps one to reduce weight. The mono-saturated fat contained in almonds satisfies appetite and prevents over-eating. Studies have revealed that almond rich low calorie diet is good for obese people to assist in shedding their weight.
- Almonds are the excellent source of potassium and very low in sodium, which is required to regulate the high blood pressure. They also helps to promotes the HDL (Good) cholesterol level of the body to decrease the LDL (Bad) cholesterol level.
- The presence of vitamin E and the flavonoids found in the outer skin of the almond seed, helps to lowering the risk of heart attack, strokes and many other heart problems.
- They contains phosphorous and calcium, which is required for the strong bones and healthy teeth.
- Almond contains riboflavin and L-carnitine, both are known as the best brain booster nutrients. So they are good for infants, toodlers and young for the proper development of brain cells. They also reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Almonds are good for skin care, so its oil and milk are used in many herbal and cosmetics beauty products. Its oil massage is recommended for the infants in our India to keep skin softer, more supple and flawless.
- They also helps to prevent colon cancer due to the improvement of proper food supplies through the colon.
- They are the good source of folic acid or folate, which is beneficial for pregnant, feeding or lactating mothers. Folic acid helps to prevent the neural tube defect in the new born baby and promotes healthy pregnancy.
- Due to the good source of dietary fiber helps to prevent constipation.
- The composition of manganese, copper and riboflavin is needed for the production of energy.
So start taking almonds in your daily diet to get rid of all these health conditions. It can be useful in many other diseases like to prevent osteoporosis, treat poor immune function, improve digestion, anemia, boost sex drive, treat hypomenorrhea, healing chickenpox eruptions, faster jaundice recovery, increases stamina, prevent dementia and much more. If you know more health benefits of Almond and its oil, milk then please share your knowledge with us through our comment box to serve others better.